Sunday 29 April 2007

What a week!


Tuesday April 24 - Lyden's 20th birthday and I was off to Toronto on a 7am flight. Grabbed a cab from the airport to the Toronto office at 1pm where I had arranged a few meetings. I managed to meet up with Kareen whom I met in Atlanta at the CREW Convention last October for a late afternoon pick me up (a smoothie). Afterwards, I checked into the Hilton Hotel and went down to the lobby to meet up with my dinner date, Martha-Jane. Martha-Jane and I had worked together to finalize a long outstanding lease in Edmonton. After exchanging numerous emails and many telephone discussions over a number of months, it was great to finally meet her face to face. I was in bed for 10:30 (8:30 Calgary time) and had no trouble falling asleep. On Wednesday, I attended the REAL Jobs: Careers in Commercial Real Estate put on by CREW Toronto which was very well done and then headed to the airport to catch a 6:30 flight home. I spent Thursday with Andy who was home after wrapping up on the CBC's Nutcracker Story on April 20. It was good to reconnect. We went to the accountant to file our personal income tax statements, paid our taxes at the bank (ouch), enjoyed a delicious homemade pasta dinner (made by my resident gourmet cook husband) & afterwards, we took a walk down by the river - it was a beautiful day - dare I say it? I think spring has finally arrived in Calgary! Saturday we spent at home, got the urge to do a bit of "spring cleaning" and re-arranged our family room furniture. Sunday it was off to church in the morning and when Rachel and Tyler came over, a couple games of Wizard before dinner. Even though Erin baked Lyden individual chocolate "lava" cakes for his birthday on Tuesday, it only seemed appropriate with all the family in attendance for Sunday dinner to pick up a DQ cake (a family tradition).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes I'm so sorry Lyden , Karen can you please wish Lyden a Happy Belated Birthday, I can not believe he is 20. Very Handsome Man. Happy Birthday again, Love you so much! I love the cake!
Silvana, Jeff, Tyler and Chantelle