Sunday 13 May 2007

Mother's Day





This morning we woke to light rain and overcast skies. Rachel, Lyden and Chantelle ran the Mother's Day 5K. I picked up my mom and we went down to cheer the kids on. Rachel and Lyden came across the finish line together around the 34 min. mark. Chantelle was under the weather but persevered and finished a bit later. We headed home, stopping at the Starbucks for a coffee. Andy whipped up a delicious brunch of crepes stuffed with peaches or raspberries & whip cream filling (how decadent!), sausages, turkey bacon, coffee and orange juice. Scott contributed a Dairy Queen ice cream cake inscribed with Happy Mother's Day, Mom A and Mom P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
The Kids did excellent in there run..I always enjoy watching them run. Mom always has a twinkle in her eye when it comes to all her grandchildren.Most times tears over come her, when she is so happy. :-)
Rachel and Lyden ,they are so sweet, I love their personalities very kind, and caring.
I'm so proud of all three of them.
Sorry we missed Mother's day Brunch at your house, Chantelle in the end took me out for Lunch after the run, then I dropped her off at work, for 1:00 pm Tyler made me dinner so it was a very pleasant day. The next big run for Rachel is the half a Marathon in Edmonton Wow!

P.S.
They did cooperate with the picture :-) Although I'm sure they are use to it, you have your camera with you at all times :-))

It was fun. Take care, and Please thank Rachel again for all the influence with Chantelle.