Monday 21 May 2007

May Long Weekend



The long weekend started off on a sad note by attending Pastor Kerber's funeral. Pastor Kerber married and baptised Andy and I and baptised each of our children. He was the senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church for 19 years. Andy and I ran into him last weekend at Home Depot and I thought to myself then, how well he looked. Walter had a fatal heart attack on Tuesday which just goes to show you that you cannot judge outwardly appearances. Funerals are generally sombre occasions and while funeral services usually focus on the "celebration of life" of the deceased person, the true celebration for us as Christians is knowing we will see Walter again, when we join him in eternity.
Andy left early Sunday morning for the annual bear hunt; he'll be gone for a week. After church the kids suggested we all go grab an ice cream and then go to the putting green. After sharing an ice cream, on the way back to the church, I couldn't help but notice how ominous the skies looked so I backed out of going golfing ... the kids were not put off by the potential rain so they carried on without me. I went home to create a wedding album for Teresa and Nev (to take with us when we go to England in a couple of weeks). While I was working on the album I heard the heavens open ....suffice it to say by the time the kids got home, they were not dry! While the kids played "Star Wars" monopoly, I prepared dinner and afterwards, Rachel and Tyler washed up (which made for a nice change!) I finished up the wedding album Monday afternoon.

No comments: