Sunday 5 April 2009

Wyck Rissington
















Despite the forecast for rain this weekend, we enjoyed a glorious sunshine filled weekend!  So much so, that I was sunburned on Saturday after spending a few hours at the allotment in Coventry.  On Sunday afternoon, after a challenging time to find the small village of Wyck Rissington, we set off on a 4 mile circular walk.  The directions for this walk were very poor, and simply incorrect in a number of instances.  For example, instructions to climb a stile, where in fact there was a gate, walk diagonally left, when in fact you walked was straight on, walk along the road (actually a busy 2 lane highway) a "short little distance"  was really 3/4 of a mile and walking on a highway where the allowable speed is 50 miles/80 km per hour with virtually no verge/shoulder.  Walking single filed on the white painted line with a number of cars whizzing by, thoughts I might meet my master passed through my mind several times. Needless to say, my steps quickened - I couldn't wait to get off that road!   I despised every inch and every minute spent walking on that highway.  Finally, to our great relief, the bridle path appeared and we resumed our walk through pastures and meadowlands, returning to where we had parked the car, in front of the church in Wyck Rissington, pictured above.

No comments: