Sunday 12 April 2009

Happy Easter!

Spent Friday and Saturday night in Coventry. Andy and I went out for dinner Friday night at an Indian Restaurant and were treated to a bit of drama when a customer stumbled into a display case holding a huge horse statute, knocking it over, shattering it to bits. There was much ado as the poor guy and his partner tried to come to terms with how they were going to settle up for the breakage. I couldn't help but feel for the guy - obviously it was an accident, and management took the position that he had to pay for it. It was hard to tell if he had had a few, and was feeling a bit tipsy when he stumbled into it.

Saturday morning we went to the garden allotments (where I took this photo from Ivan's garden). We had a bbq to celebrate my sister-in-law Helen's birthday, played a chaotic game of Wizard with Mark, Danny, Ryan, Charlotte, Sarah, Andy, the youngest player, won! Charlotte and her friend Lauren went with us to Church on Sunday morning after which we headed back to Moreton!

1 comment:

Silvana said...

I love your picture. Oh I feel very bad for that man as well. That would be something i would do accidentally. Poor guy. I feel for him.
I would love to see the allotment in person, it sounds amazing. I'm very happy your enjoying your life in England, glad you had a wonderful weekend with friends and family. Wish Helen a happy Belated birthday from your family in Canada :-)
Take care
love ya