Sunday 19 September 2010

A note from the past...

Andy found this note and photograph while tidying up the storage area yesterday, amongst a box filled with my grandmother's photographs and memorabilia. What's odd about this note & photo is that I have no idea who the children are in the photograph, or what their relationship might have been to my grandmother, or why she would have kept the letter/photo carefully preserved with her memorabilia. The letter is addressed to "Terry", and reads as follows:



"Dear Terry,


     We enjoy problem corner very much. Mr. Hanson marvels at your knowledge of housekeeping. I hear quite often people asking about stains on carpets. I clean house for different people who have wall to wall carpets. I use two tablespoons of vinegar, two of detergent. Rub it over the stains with a clean cloth. This does not sound a large amount, but goes a long way. I have found it to get stains such as tar and crayon off. Trust this finds you all well.


          Mrs. Erick Hanson"



Even more amusing is the handwriting (not in my grandmother's hand) on the back of the photo which reads: "Mary Ann and Terry (a smile would crack her face) Sun. Sept 18, 1938".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Karen,

WOW!! Could I be related or something to this person??? Remember my maiden name is Hansen..oops...no...it is not spelled the same...but what a treasure and a comical one at that!!! xoxoxo Cath