Sunday 25 May 2008

Cotswold Walk - Blockley





Andy and I did a 4 mile walk on Saturday which started in this pretty village in the Cotswolds (yes, yet another picturesque village)! The walk started at St. Peter & St. Paul Church (shown in post below) and after walking up through fields and woods and back down again, we ended back where we started, at the church. It was a rather windy day but pleasant enough. Most of the roads in England are narrow but I found these streets narrower than most, esp. with cars parked tight up against the stone walls on the streets leaving mere inches to either side in which to negotiate! This village is built on a hillside which gave me more occassions to hold my breath as we circled the village looking for parking! I find negotiating these narrow streets very stressful - Andy somehow manages to drive well despite having a "Nervous Nelly" (and navigator) sitting in the passenger seat!


No comments: