Saturday 15 September 2007

Fig Season is here!



September is a bittersweet month for those of us living in the northern climes; its arrival signals the end of summer while at the same time heralding the arrival of plentiful local grown produce, and sweet juicy figs from California! We picked up this flat of figs from our local grocery store this morning. Suffice it say, they didn't all arrive home intact ... Andy and I could not resist having a sample on the drive home. Juicy and sweet and oozing with goodness. What's not to love?
Today was a brilliant fall day, warm enough to work up a sweat golfing but not too hot to bake! MMMMmmmm... chocolate zucchini cake, made from zucchini from my mother's garden! Our climbing vine turning color on the trellis is a visual reminder to enjoy these last days of summer ... I only wish I had remembered my camera when we went golfing today! :-( The view of the 8th hole was a feast for the eyes with the contrast of the lush greens against the trees lined river turning various shades of gold. I'm golfing in a work related tournament this Wednesday at a much nicer City course so I won't forget my camera then, but sadly the weather is expected to turn cooler and overcast. Just my luck.

No comments: